Starting the red fist tribe

It's been a good weekend for painting (the snow has helped with the great light), so I tucked into a unit of chaos ogres. I went for the Tamurkhan books - red fist clan. I've completed a couple of highlights and need to work on the details.



The idea is to design tattoos for various body parts and ink them in. Although I think my painting skills need to be honed before I attempt any freehand. I've started a bit of rust and will be working on the models in the next few days, along with a few more washes, highlights and detail. Forget the bases, I have no idea what I'm going to do with them yet. . .





Note: The GW site used to have some pretty good guides for 'master class' painting (tattoos, banners etc..), but since the release of the new 'eavy metal book they have strangely disappeared. I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...