Enough moaning from me, I'e been busy building some 'nurgle' skull crushers, with a variety of bits from different kits, which I'm pleased to say once they have been green stuffed will look pretty cool. Followed by two magnetised and ogre ridden gorebeast / horse chariots.
I've treated myself - I thought I'd undercoat and do a bit on Tamurkhan's Toad Dragon Bobulous
I started the model with a grey undercoat so I could see the detail, but so I didn't have to paint two coats of black for the shadows. I then used the method James Wappell promotes of doing a rough base coat taking in as many colours as you plan to have on the finished model (he's leagues above, but I'll keep at it). I think this worked out quite well. Not only was it time saving, but it gave me a good idea of how the massive beastie naturally highlighted without having to go back and do each separate coat - which is something which has eaten my time before.
|It's bloody massive!|